R.A. Hughes offers coverage for business/commercial risks from office package policies to professional & commercial needs. Every business operation is different so our insurance professionals work with you to limit your exposure to risk & protect your business.
Accidents happen. At R.A. Hughes Agencies we bring our knowledge & experience to the table to ensure that you are properly insured so you have one less thing to worry about.We are always available to discuss:
- 1.MPI’s Multiple year renewal system & how it affects you
- 2.What you use your vehicle for & how this affects the insurance use of your vehicle
- 3.Your optional coverage including
- Your Deductible
- Your Liability
- Loss of Use coverage
- New Car Protection/Leased Car Protection
- Your Payment Options
- Fleet Programs
In Manitoba the driver’s licenses are issued in 5 year terms, however, every year, in between renewals, you will receive a statement of account from MPI with the annual reassessment premium.It is important to keep in mind that if you do not want to renew your driver’s license you must process a cancellation because it will not lapse if your reassessment premium is not paid.
Payment options are also available.Please call us to discuss them.
Here is a quick link to MPIC’s website for quick cost calculations as well as information about how incidents can affect your license cost:
(Off Road Vehicles ORV)
When insuring an Off Road Vehicle (ORV), you have more options than you have when insuring other vehicles like cars or trucks.
- 1.When plating your ORV, the coverage comes only with $200,000 Third Party Liability (TPL) but you have the option of increasing the coverage to $1, $2, or $5 million.
- When choosing a Liability Limit, it is extremely important to note that No Fault Insurance does not apply to Off Road Vehicles because they are not subject to the Highway Traffic Act. This means you can be sued for Pain & Suffering.
- 2. You can purchase Collision/Upset coverage with a $200 or $500 deductible.
- 3. You can purchase Comprehensive coverage (“All Risk” coverage excluding collision & upset) with the option of a $100, $200, or $500 deductible.
- 4. You can purchase Accident Benefits coverage
- When considering this coverage, it is important to know that the Personal Injury Protection Plan (PIPP) does not apply to ORVs which is what ensues there is coverage for Lost Wages, Rehabilitation (including Physio & Chiro), Death Benefits, Funeral Expenses, among other coverage.
- Accident Benefits coverage fills in many of the gaps of coverage left with the absence of the PIPP.
- 5. You can purchase a Snopass (Snowmobiles only)
- This enables you to use specific groomed trails
- If you don’t have one of these passes, you may be subject to fines if you are caught riding on the trails.
If you have any further questions, please call or come to our office. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any insurance coverage.
Travel Coverage is available for emergency medical situations while outside of the province for:
- 1. Short trips away from home
- 2. Annual travel plans
- 3. Students attending a school outside of Manitoba
Medical Expense vary widely from province to province within Canada & even more when outside of Canada. Manitoba Health also does not provide coverage for everything (ie. Coverage for Ambulance), especially if you are travelling into another country. Coverage is available for single trips, or on an annual policy – multiple trips per year (limitations apply for the duration of each trip).
We also offer Supplementary Health and Dental plans for individuals who are looking for more coverage than your basic Provincial Health Care plan provides.
- Visitor to Canada Medical/Super Visa
- Coverage is also available for people visiting Canada, whether it is for a visit to Canada or waiting for your Manitoba Health coverage to kick in.
Boat & Motor coverage most often can be added to your residential insurance policy by scheduling it, however, there are times when it makes sense to insure it by using a separate policy. At R.A. Hughes, we have access to 3 different markets to ensure you are provided with the best coverage at the best price.
While your home may be the biggest financial investment you may ever have, you are likely the biggest asset your family has.
Ensure that your family or you are not financially devastated by a sudden unexpected death by purchasing life insurance.
Also available is Critical Illness insurance. Similar to life insurance, it pays out in a lump sum, but unlike Life Insurance, it pays out in the event you are struck with an illness (note, only specific illnesses qualify).